What I've been up to lately...

I'm doing all the necessary stuff to get ready for the Cafe like framing,  tagging, spraying, etc.  It is getting done but it doesn't make for good blogging so I thought I would share the other major project I have been working on for the past three weeks:
My new chicken coop (built by me with some help from my Dad).
I have enjoyed the process very much and I can't wait to move my new babies in just as soon as they get big enough.  They came via USPS from Ohio last Tuesday.  Oh boy.  Six of 'em:
Odie (a barred rock)
Grover (americana)
Copper (rhode island red)
Looko (golden buff)
Mahma (buff orpington)
And last but not least
Number Six (white plymouth rock)
This one was the biggest one, then three days later she just stopped eating and drinking.  So for the past 4 days and nights I have been making her drink every hour with an eye dropper.  It has been slow going BUT today she has been eating and drinking on her own!  She is much smaller than the rest of them now and very week.  I'm just so happy she is number six!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your chickies. My dad used to have Rhode Island Reds. They are beautiful in form and color. You'll have to do some sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neiley!
    Your chicken coop is fantastic, and your babies are adorable! Coincidentally, Greg and I will also be building a coop in the summer. I have an incubator in my classroom now, with 20 chicken eggs and two duck eggs. My third grade is super excited for the hatch date. I am so happy for you and your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First...love your work...it's gorgeous...happy to find you. Secondly...I have chickens...they're so much fun. You'll love ODIE...make him gentle as he'll be a big boy when grown. Love your coop..that's a chickie Hilton for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is beautiful--I love it. I am now in the market for chickens. I have been looking and Bantams. I just love the small chickens, but Rhode Island Reds, and what I call Dominicers (black and white, I don't know their "official" name. I think when I get back from vacation I will start on my chicken house. I became a follower so that I can pop in often.

    Faye

    ReplyDelete